Showing 9214 results

People and organizations

Annan - Woodford Pastoral Charge (Ont.)

  • ON00340
  • Corporate body
  • 1970 -

Annan - Woodford Pastoral Charge was formed in 1970, when Annan Pastoral Charge and Woodford Pastoral Charge joined together. It included Trinity United Church in Annan and Woodfrod United Church, until Woodford United Church closed in 2004. It is currently a single-point pastoral charge.
Annan Pastoral Charge was formed in 1925, formerly Presbyterian. it included Annan, Johnstone Church in Johnson, Leith
Trinity United Church, located at 303234 Sideroad 33 in Annan, was established in 1925, formerly Presbyterian. The Presbyterian Church was established in 1855 and shared a minister with Division Street Presbyterian Church in Owen Sound until 1877 when it formed part of Annan-Leith Presbyterian Pastoral Charge. In 1906, the charge also included Daywood and Johnstone congregations. It joined the United Church of Canada in 1925. It was also known as Annan United Church. It is still an active congregation of the United Church of Canada.
Woodford United Church, located at the intersection of Mallory Beach Rd & 8th Ave, was established in 1925, formerly Methodist and Presbyterian. It joined the United Church of Canada in 1925 and formed part of Woodford Pastoral Charge until 1970. The congregation closed December 2004.
Johnstone United Church was established in 1925, formerly Presbyterian; it closed ca. 1969
Leith United Church was established in 1925, formerly Presbyterian; it closed ca. 1969

Applegath, Charles Sinclair, b. 1891

  • Person
  • b. 1891

Charles Sinclair Applegath (b. 1891 ) was a Methodist/United Church minister in Ontario. He was ordained as a Methodist minister in 1909 and served in the Hamilton and Toronto Conferences at: Ryerson Church, Hamilton , 1909-1910; Paisley Memorial Church, Guelph, 1910-1911; Lincoln Ave., Galt, 1911-1914; Islington, Toronto, 1914-1916; Timothy Eaton Church, Toronto, 1916-1917; Chapleau, Ont., 1917-1918, Port Hope, Ont., 1919-1921; and Emerald Street Church, Hamilton, 1922-1925.

Archibald, Adella J., 1869-1960

  • Person
  • 1869-1960

Adella J. Archibald (1869-1960) was a Presbyterian missionary to Trinidad. Born in Truro, Nova Scotia, she was appointed to Trinidad as a teacher by the Foreign Mission Committee of the Presbyterian Church in 1889. In 1894, she was appointed a missionary. She retired in 1935.

Arden Pastoral Charge (Ont.)

  • Corporate body
  • 1853-2007

Arden Pastoral Charge was formed in 1925 from the Arden Methodist Circuit. Mountain Grove Pastoral Charge was formed in 1925 from the Mountain Grove Methodist Circuit. Arden and Mountain Grove Pastoral Charge was formed in 1930 when Arden from Arden Pastoral Charge joined Mountain Grove and Long Lake from Mountain Grove Pastoral Charge; it included Arden, Mountain Grove, Elm Tree and Henderson. In 1967, it changed it's name back to Arden Pastoral Charge, but still includes Mountain Grove and Henderson.

Results 121 to 140 of 9214