Centennial-Rouge Pastoral Charge, Scarborough, was established in 1950 as Centennial-Fairport-Rouge Pastoral Charge, after Centennial United Church in Scarborough and Fairport United Church left Dunbarton-Fairport Pastoral Charge. In the mid-1950s, Fairport returned to a two-point charge with Dunbarton. Centennial-Rouge continued as a two-point charge until Rouge Hill United Church closed in 1971. It was then a single-point charge until it disbanded in 2011. In 1998, Scarborough amalgamated with Metropolitan Toronto to form the city of Toronto.
Centennial-Rouge United Church, located at 6540 Kingston Road in Scarborough, was formed in 1971 with the amalgamation of Centennial United Church in Scarborough and Rouge Hill United Church in Pickering. The church held its final service on June 26, 2011.
Centennial United Church in Scarborough was established in 1925, formerly Methodist. The Centennial Methodist Church in Scarborough was formed in 1883 as a merger of the Wesleyan Methodist Church in the Village of Highland Creek and the Bible Christian Methodist Church in Pickering. The members alternated buildings to host services until a new building was complete in 1891. At this time, the members decided to call the church Centennial Methodist Church. It formed part of the Washington Methodist Circuit until 1925. The Church joined the United Church of Canada in 1925.
Rouge Hill United Church, located in Pickering, was established in 1949. The first Church, however, was not dedicated until February 25, 1962. In 1971, the church amalgamated with Centennial United Church in Scarborough in 1971 to form Centennial-Rouge United Church.