All People's Mission (Hamilton, Ont.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

All People's Mission (Hamilton, Ont.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1926-1965

History

Hamilton's All People's United Church was opened in 1926 to serve new Canadians in the city, particularly Chinese, Japanese and Italian families. In addition to church services, the Mission provided community services to its constituents including summer camps for disadvantaged youths, visitation of mothers, and recreational activites for adult males. Much of the records of the Mission were destroyed by a fire in 1947, and a new building was opened in 1948. All People's was closed in 1965.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

CAN

Institution identifier

ON00340

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Partial

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places