Fonds F1952 - All People's United Church (Sudbury, Ont.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

All People's United Church (Sudbury, Ont.) fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA ON00340 F1952

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1931-1995 (Creation)
    Creator
    All People's United Church (Sudbury, Ont.)

Physical description area

Physical description

61 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(ca. 1930-)

Administrative history

All People's United Church, located at 400 Antwerp Avenue in Sudbury, was established ca. 1927 as a mission to serve new Canadians in the Sudbury area, particularly Italian, Hungarian, and Finnish families. The All People's Mission Church was dedicated on January 5, 1930. This building was destroyed by fire in February 1946. The congregation temporarily met at the Finnish Hall, Sudbury until a new building was built and was officially open in October 1948. It is still an active congregation of the United Church of Canada.

All People's United Church in the early 20th century was often a multiple-point charge. The other points included at various times the following congregations: Copper Cliff, Creighton Mines, Frood, Garson, Gatchell, Grassy Lake, Kelly Lake, Levack, Naughton, New Sudbury and Trout Lake.

Custodial history

This material forms part of the Ontario Regional Councils program of the United Church of Canada Archive.

Scope and content

Fonds consists of records, including baptisms, 1941, 1944, 1946-1961, 1968, and marriages, 1946-1995, of All People's United Church, Sudbury.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Access to baptismal, marriage and burial registers may be restricted according to relevant privacy legislation.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Manitou Conference - finding aid 292

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Accession

1977.608L/TR

Accession

1997.073L

Accession

2015.074L/TR

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres