Fonds F2973 - Allenford - Park Head Pastoral Charge (Ont.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Allenford - Park Head Pastoral Charge (Ont.) fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA ON00340 F2973

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1876-2011 (Creation)
    Creator
    Allenford - Park Head Pastoral Charge (Ont.)

Physical description area

Physical description

9 microfilm reels : 35 mm

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1932-)

Administrative history

Allenford - Park Head Pastoral Charge, formerly known as Allenford Pastoral Charge, was formed ca. 1932 when Park Head United Church joined Allenford to form a two-point pastoral charge. It is still an active pastoral charge of the United Church of Canada.

Allenford United Church, located at 7763 Highway 21, South Bruce Peninsula, was established in 1925, formerly Methodist. Allenford Methodist Church was established in 1876 and was later part of a circuit including Elsinore, North Derby, County Line (Salem) and Skipness. The church joined the United Church of Canada in 1925 and first formed a single-point pastoral charge until ca. 1932 when Park Head and Allenford created a two-point charge. It is still an active congregation of the United Church of Canada.

Park Head United Church, located at 59 Park Head Road, South Bruce Peninsula, was established in 1925, formerly Methodist. Park Head Methodist Church was established in 1874 as a Wesleyan Methodist church and was part of a circuit that included Hepworth and Zion Amabel. In 1891, the original log church was replaced with the current building. The church joined the United Church of Canada in 1925 as part of the Hepworth Pastoral Charge. Around 1932, it joined Allenford to form a two-point charge. It is still an active congregation of he Untied Church of Canada.

Custodial history

This material forms part of the Ontario Regional Councils program of the United Church of Canada Archive.

Scope and content

Fonds consists of records of Allenford Methodist Circuit (incudes Allenford, Elsinore, North Derby, County Line (Salem) and Skipness) 1883-1921; records of Allenford Methodist Church, 1905-1925; Trustee minutes of Park Head Methodist Church, 1876-1923; Official Board minutes of Allenford - Park Head Pastoral Charge (includes Allenford and Park Head), 1940-2011; records of Allenford United Church (includes Allenford Methodist Church), 1908-1981; and records of Park Head United Church (includes Park Head Methodist Church), 1920-2009.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Originals held by the churches.

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Hamilton Conference - finding aid 290

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Accession

2017.039L

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area