The Fred Victor Mission, at the corners of Queen and Jarvis Streets, is a Toronto city mission that originated in the work of Methodist members of the Metropolitan Church of that city in the 1880s. In 1894 a generous donation from Hart Massey opened an urban mission, named in honour of his son, which included a church congregation in addition to its social service work. The mission operated a hostel for men, a permanent residence for elderly single men, and housed a United Church Welfare Industries outlet. The building was demolished in 1959 and a new mission was opened on the spot in the same year. The church congregation numbered 285 families in 1969. Fred Victor Mission disbanded as a worship congregation in 1976. It continued as a ministry of the United Church.