Hammond United Church began as Hammond Presbyterian Church in association with St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church in Haney. Both Haney and Hammond (now Port Hammond) are in Maple Ridge District Municipality. Services began in 1896 and a church was built in 1910. After Church Union in 1925 there were three pastoral charges in the immediate area, Haney, Hammond, and Maple Ridge. The Maple Ridge Circuit was closed in 1926 and members transferred to either Haney or Hammond. Pitt Meadows and Websters Corners were attached to the Hammond charge at this time. In 1930 the charges were rearranged to form the Hammond-Coquitlam Pastoral Charge, comprising Hammond and Pitt Meadows congregations. Another rearrangement in 1937 brought Hammond United Church into association with St. Andrew's (Haney) once again, under the name of Haney-Hammond Pastoral Charge. In 1960, Hammond and Pitt Meadows became a two-point Pastoral Charge. Placed in Fraser Presbytery with that Presbytery's formation in 1959, Hammond-Pitt Meadows was transferred to Westminster Presbytery in 1981. In 2000 Hammond and Pitt Meadows became two separate Pastoral Charges. Hammond amalgamated with St. Andrew's (Haney) in 2012 to form Golden Ears United Church.