Presbyterian services in the Langley area began in 1874 in the home of a local resident. In the late 1880s, a Presbyterian group decided to build a church at Five Corners, in Murrayville. Thus, Sharon Presbyterian Church was opened in 1890. In the early 1920's, Langley Methodists attended Milner Methodist Church. Following Union in 1925, a United Church congregation formed in Langley in 1927, and services were initially held in a building known as the "Free to All Sunday School Building," on Glover Road. Early in 1930, the congregation decided to build a church of its own. A lot was purchased for $200 and in due course a church facility was built largely with volunteer labour. It was initially named Langley Prairie United Church, but was renamed Langley United Church. Langley United Church was a part of the Murrayville Pastoral Charge (Sharon United Church) from 1930-1950. In 1950, Langley Prairie United became a separate Pastoral Charge. The new Langley Prairie Pastoral Charge also included West Langley United Church from 1953-1962 and Clayton United Church from 1963-1964. By the early 1970s, it was clear the church needed to expand. Early in 1974 the present site at 5673 - 200th Street was purchased. A new building was dedicated on March 14, 1976. Further expansion of the facilities occurred in October 1991 with expanded Sunday School space, lounge area and office space. In 2012 Langley United Church amalgamated with Jubilee United, St. Andrew's United, and Sharon United to form the United Churches of Langley, part of Fraser Presbytery until presbyteries dissolved in 2019.