Milton R. Sanderson (1896-1975) was born on a farm in the Bowmanville, Ontario area. He joined the army and was discharged from the 136th Battalion due to a heart ailment. Then, he became a probationer for ministry in the Methodist Church, serving a 3-point charge at Sheguindah, Manitoulin Island for two years before enrolling at Victoria College. He was ordained in June, 1924. His first charge was at Birchcliffe Heights (Toronto) from 1924-1928. From there, he continued work at St. Cuthbert’s United Church for 12 years. He served North Parkdale United Church from 1941 until North Parkdale and Erskine United merged to form Emmanuel United in 1960. He was Emmanuel’s first minister and remained there until his retirement in 1966. Post-retirement, he worked at Kingsway-Lambton as their visiting minister until 1975. Sanderson was an usher at the inaugural service of the United Church of Canada. He served as Toronto Conference President, Chairman of Toronto West Presbytery, Secretary of Toronto East Presbytery, Secretary of the Conference Committee on Christian Education, and Chairman of the Christian Education Committee of Toronto West Presbytery. He acted several times as a delegate to General Council.