Área de identidad
Tipo de entidad
Forma autorizada del nombre
Trinity-St.Paul's United Church (Toronto, Ont.)
Forma(s) paralela(s) de nombre
Forma(s) normalizada del nombre, de acuerdo a otras reglas
Otra(s) forma(s) de nombre
Identificadores para instituciones
Área de descripción
Fechas de existencia
Trinity-St.Paul's United Church was established in 1980 when St. Paul's-Avenue Road United Church and Trinity United Church joined together in the Trinity building, located at 427 Bloor Street West (corner of Bloor and Robert streets, just west of Spadina Avenue). It is still an active congregation of the United Church of Canada.
Trinity United Church was established in 1925; formerly Methodist. Trinity Methodist Church was established in 1887; originally known as Western Methodist Church. The church joined the United Church of Canada in 1925. It joined with St. Paul's-Avenue Road United Church to form Trinity-St.Paul's United Church in 1980.
St. Paul's - Avenue United Church was located on Avenue Road at Webster Avenue, just south of Davenport Road in Toronto, and combined former Methodist and Presbyterian congregations when establihsed in 1930. It joined with Trinity United Church to form Trinity-St. Paul's United Church in 1980.
St. Paul's Methodist Church, located at 121 Avenue Road, began as a Primitive Methodist mission in Yorkville in 1844 on Cumberland Street. In 1867 a new church was built at Yonge and Davenport (St. Paul's Primitive Methodist), and about 1887 the new church was opened at 121 Avenue Road.
Avenue Road Presbyterian, began as a Sabbath School in 1868, locating the following year at Bedford and Davenport roads. In 1898 the Church of the Covenant (so-named in 1893) was built at Avenue Road and Roxborough Street, changing its name in 1906 to Avenue Road Presbyterian.
Both Avenue Road and St. Paul's joined the United Church in 1925, and in 1930 the two were combined as St. Paul's - Avenue Road, and made use of the St. Paul's building. The old Avenue Road church was first taken up by the Christian and Missionary Alliance, and later became the temple of the Hare Krishna movement. St. Paul's - Avenue Road joined with Trinity United to form Trinity - St. Paul's United in 1980.
St. Paul's Centre at Trinity was established in 1974 as St. Paul's Centre at Avenue Road United Church; in 1980 it became part of Trinity-St. Paul's United Church
Funciones, ocupaciones y actividades
Mandatos/fuentes de autoridad
Área de relaciones
Área de puntos de acceso
Puntos de acceso por materia
Puntos de acceso por lugar
Área de control
Identificador de registro de autoridad
Identificador de la institución
Reglas y/o convenciones usadas
Estado de elaboración
Nivel de detalle