Item 2010.105P/54 - Two little worshippers admire the cross

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Two little worshippers admire the cross

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title supplied by scrapbook inscription.

Level of description

Item

Reference code

CA ON00340 F2524-2010.105P/54

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

Physical description area

Physical description

1 photograph : b&w ; 9 x 9 cm

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(2002-)

Administrative history

Wexford Heights United Church was formed in 2002 with the amalgamation of Zion-Wexford United Church and Wilmar Heights United Church.

Zion-Wexford Church, at 2102 Lawrence Avenue East in Scarborough, began life in 1842 as a Primitive Methodist congregation meeting in a small building called Twaddle's Chapel in Wexford, Ontario. In 1876 a stone church with the name 'Parsonage Church' was built on the present site, and the Primitives joined the Methodist Union of 1884. A dispute led the congregation to join with the Presbyterian Church in 1888-1889, and it was as a Presbyterian congregation (renamed Zion) that it joined the United Church in 1925. In 1954 the name Wexford was prefixed to the congregation's name to distinguish it from other Zion churches in the Toronto Presbytery, as Metropolitan Toronto was formed and the geographic name Wexford disappeared from maps.

Wilmar Heights United Church was established in 1954, originally meeting in Wexford Public School. A new church was dedicated in 1957. In 2002 Wilmar Heights U.C. amalgamated with Zion-Wexford U.C. to become Wexford Heights U.C.

Custodial history

Forms part of accession 2010.105L

Scope and content

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

General note

Originally part of scrapbook compiled by Marjorie Boorne, "A picture story of Zion United Church, Wexford, (founded 1840-1842).

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

CAN

Institution identifier

ON00340

Rules or conventions

Status

Final

Level of detail

Full

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area